Sunday, September 12, 2010

Roaming in Rome

“Panale Panale”, sounded like Eureka -Eureka. In fact the ticket inspector was asking for a penalty of 50 € as I had forgotten to activate my train ticket before boarding while travelling from Rome airport to the main city of Rome. My first impression about Rome came out as a statement which I was muttering to myself - that is, I would definitely not love Bombay while I was staying in Braunschweig. Rome is no different than Bombay if you compare crimes. The people will try to cheat you all the time. For first few days I was kind of scared and having difficulty in coping with. Apart of my initial fear I encountered some facts which general people generally ignore.

Let me first ask you a question, what do you do when a beggar begs? I usually don’t give them anything. Of course I have a philosophy about this. If I give them money, statistically speaking, the mafia people will earn more from begging business and they will employ more people in begging. Therefore, it is a crime against potential beggars if I give money to current beggars. But still it’s no crime to look at them.

A very usual sight among beggars is to find people without fingers. It seems very convincing that they are disabled and really need help. I think it is easy for most of us to guess that their fingers have been chopped off in order to make them fit for begging but what about a woman having her nose chopped off? She must have been a beautiful woman, even if no more, somehow subjected to prostitution. At some point of time she planned an escape, she might have found somebody with whom she could have escaped but, unluckily, she was caught and finally landed with such an unfortunate fate. May be she entered prostitution just for easy money and later on wanted to leave. But there are definitely some people who are innocent but still get punished for the crimes which they never did. I am talking about an infant who was continuously being bitten by its own mother so that she could make it cry and earn sympathy and, in turn, money. Perhaps the brutality of crimes committed against humans was not enough for my eyes. God wanted me to see more. There were these two puppies who were sitting with their owner lady. This was again a gesture to make money. The very next day, the puppies were lying down on the floor. I can bet that they hadn’t eaten anything for a week, while that lady, albeit gloomy, was healthy.

This article doesn’t need a conclusion but thinking, just thinking, not any more, because we are not capable of doing anything.

No comments: